Monday, April 1, 2013

Blog Post 10

     I really liked the story by Annie Dillard. There are many good points to her story and it makes you want to keep reading. It really kept me interested and I could relate to a lot of the things. She talks about fear and memories. You try to remember everything you learned from your parents, and try to teach your children all the things you remembered. One part that really stood out to me was on page 97. "We teach out children one thing only, as we were taught: to wake up. We teach our children to look alive there, to join by words and activities the life of human culture on the planet's crust. As adults we are almost all adept at waking up..." I really like this whole passage.
     This whole section introduces the fact that makes you think what is the point in living. You have to grow up and find things that make you want to get out of bed, and that make you want to live for each day. You have to remember that even when you plan something it never works out just how you planned it. As humans we have to adapt to the culture that is around us. As time passes and things get older and new things come we all have to adapt, and that is the only thing that you can teach your children.
     Both of the essays made me think about the human race, and what people are put here to do. They told a story that had an underlying meaning, the outcome can be determined however you take it. It made me think about my parents, and all the memories I had about being scared and what I did about it. I also remembered what teachers had taught me. It all has made me the person I am today and everyone has a story to tell, that means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment