Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blog Post 7

     I started looking at the short essays that we are going to be working on next unit. I really like these because they are a little bit more in depth about one particular thing or object. I read the essay called Lenses which was really interesting. I think that Lenses reflects on someones life. They talk about when you look through different lenses.
     This story made me reflect on what it is like for everyone in the world and how you get used to a certain routine and everyone just does what is normal to them. The first line of the essay says "You get used to looking through lenses" this is the line that got me intrigued into reading this essay. It means that each person does what they can to get through the day and they get used to a certain way of living. This essay also makes you reminisce on the sight you take for granted.
     I think that the essays are going to be better then the short stories because of the fact they are more in detail and have a purpose to serve. I like the way everything is wording and they have a different way of writing. It is different then anything we have looked at, but mostly it is trying to tell an actual story that people can relate to.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, say more here, expand. 8.10

    Otherwise good responses here the past couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete